The boat was launched in August 1940 at Stubbekobing.
Its history has not yet been completely reconstructed but it has emerged that EVA, the original name, was donated by the King of Denmark to Eva Braun, during a visit before the War.
The woman had expressed admiration for a similar boat, designed by the great Norwegian architect and sailor Johan Anker in 1931, so the Danish monarch, in homage and compliment, asked him to build a twin boat for her.
The yacht participated in a series of regattas in Germany, with Eva Braun following them from the ground and, in 1940, was used by Hitler and Braun for a Baltic cruise of which remains a photo published in a naval history book showing the Fuhrer and his Mistress aboard the “Eva”. After escaping the war, ‘Eva’ was bought by a Danish shipowner who renamed it ‘Lasse’.
In the 1960s SY Lasse sailed in the Mediterranean and spent some time in Cannes where she was used for the film “Murder on Board” with Alain Delon.
The hull is one of the very few existing 10-meter specimens dating back to before the war and legend tells that it was recovered from a slime bottom that preserved it from the vegetative process following a sinking.