Surely if we had to choose a few words to define the experience aboard a superyacht, one of those words would be “beauty.”
But the sea offers us incredible beauties also under its waters. The spectacle of contemplating the wrecks is something that all sea lovers should experience at least once in our lives.
Recommendations of dive lovers:
- The Yongala, Australia. One of the best wreck dives in the world, the Yongala wreck is a spectacular ecosystem with plenty of sea life and awesome coral.
- Thistlegorm, Egyptian Red Sea. One of the great incentives to dive in the Egyptian Red Sea is the Thistlegorm. This British ship that was attacked from the air in 1941, it sank with all its cargo of war supplies such as rifles, motorcycles, train cars, and trucks.
- President Coolidge, Vanuatu. President Coolidge was a magnificent luxury ship that served as an aircraft carrier during the war and sank when hit with an underwater minefield. The boat and the surrounding seabed have been designated Marine Reserve. It is so vast that several dives are necessary to enjoy it fully.
- The Zenobia, Cyprus. MS Zenobia has arguably had a long career as a wreck than a functioning vessel. The 178-meter Swedish ferry sunk outside Larnaca, Cyprus on her maiden voyage in June 1980, just one stop from her final destination of Tartous in Syria. MS Zenobia and the 104 vehicles she was carrying have been well preserved, meaning that she now makes for an intriguing dive.
- Fujikawa Maru, Truk Lagoon (Chuuk Lagoon). The Fujikawa Maru was cargo ship originally built in 1938 and was requisitioned but the Imperial Japanese Navy during World War II for use as an armed aircraft transport. The ship sunk in 1944 during Operation Hailstone – a naval air and surface attack launched by the United States Navy against the Japanese.
But not only shipwrecks offer the experience of marvelous dives.
If we want to be amazed by the beauty of the seabed, but without the wrecks as an attractive, we also have extraordinary amazing places to dive.
From the Spanish Costa del Sol to the coast of Alexandria in Egypt, the Mediterranean offers us dives to enjoy and remember.
Enjoy underseas beauty!
From SCS Yachting we can assist in finding a charter yacht for those destinations.
For more information please contact: